Monday 27 February 2012

Review:Inception

File:Inception ver3.jpgInception is a story about a group of dream extractors who go into people's dreams (subconsciousness) and take valuable information from them. However in the movie, Cobb, the protagonist is given the job of planting an idea in this business man's (Fischer) mind. The idea of planting an idea is called inception, which is a dream within a dream within a dream. Even though the other member's of Cobb's group think that inception is impossible, he decides to take this job because if he successfully does the job, Saito, the wealthy business man who wants him to plant the idea in Fischer, will clear him of all murder changes that people have against him so he can successfully enter America and see his kids again. You see, Cobb's wife Mal committed suicide because she lost grip on reality, because Cobb and her were stuck in dreams for years so when they came back to the real world she didn't believe it was reality. The question is whether the group will get the job done or fail trying.
Personally, this is one of my favourite movies of all time. I could watch this movie 10 times and still love it (even though I've only seen it twice). I just love the idea of how they go into dreams and try to plant ideas through inception. It's such an unique idea that has never been done before. They also do a amazing job of portraying the dreams and what dreams feel like while we are in them. And it is definitely not a boring movie unless you honestly don't understand what is going on. But that's what is so great about it; it makes you think and engrosses you.
One of the things that stood out was the special effects. A scene in particular that stood out was the scene where Cobb was explaining to Ariadne (one of the new group members) how dreams work. When Ariadne realized it was a dream and the fruit from the fruit stands burst out in slow motion, it was really vivid and  stood out to me. Later there was another scene where Ariadne learned how to control the dream and bent the sidewalk and the buildings so they faced directly across from her and above her head. It so cool to see that and it made me think of how dreams just seem abnormal but really cool and how you can control what's happening sometimes (well at least in some dreams I've had I could do that). There are plenty of other really spectacular scenes but it would take too long to mention all of them.
Another thing that stood out was the soundtrack and score. The music is really intense and for each scene the music perfectly fits and describes what's happening. It also makes you wonder what will happen next and makes the movie more enjoyable.
Overall, this movie is spectacular and it is definitely one movie that you should see in your life time. It is a great action movie that has an interesting plot and will keep you on your toes. I would definitely not change one thing about this movie and I would also not want a sequel to this movie. It is a great movie by itself and I highly recommend it.

And here is one quote from the movie that stood out to me and completely describes dreams:
 "Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange."






4 comments:

  1. i want to see the movie now. you described the movie well, your paragraph was descriptive. i like the quote at the bottom too. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, well written paragraph Yvette. Your work is admirable. I love how you described the movie so great and vividly. You have for sure sparked my interest to seeing the movie Inception and so I think I may even want to watch it this weekend. I think that the significance of dreams included in this movie really flows well with our current blog topic of dreams and dreaming. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a movie that i would have never have thought about seeing until i read this paragraph. this explained the movie very well in my opinion, in fact after reading this it sounds so amazing that i think i will go and rent this movie to watch. you explained the whole thing very well and i love it how you added one of the quotes from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job of explaining the movie, Yvette. I have seen the thing over 4 times and only have I just recently figured out what's going on. I agree with you about this movie being unique and original. It is a new idea and I think that it is great that directors and writers are starting to create something different then the norm.
    I too like the special effects in this movie because it is what makes or breaks it. If the dream sequences didn't seem realistic, then it wouldn't be so mind boggling, and therefore not as good as it was. Your reflection and explination of the movie was very well written.

    My favourite quote, from Arthur, "How do I drop you without gravity?"

    ReplyDelete