Friday 17 February 2012

My Keepsake Items

Favourite Memory
Going to Singapore: My Camera Bag
I got this colourful bag from my uncle and aunt when I went to Singapore when I was seven. I don't remember exactly under what circumstances I got it for, but it is now the bag I use to carry my camera when I go on trips or for when I take my camera out and about. This bag represents all the times I've been to Singapore and all the different memories I've experienced there, like seeing my cousins grow up (one of my cousins was born there the last time I went there, less than two years ago), playing with my uncle's cats, exploring the wonderful atmosphere around the Singapore and being a flower girl at my uncle's wedding. I've been there six times so there are a lot of memories attached to this bag and the place.  I love going to Singapore and whenever I take this bag with me it reminds me of the places I've been to and how God has blessed me to have experienced new places and cultures and get a taste of the world. I have a lot of memories attached to Singapore though, since I've been there the most and since my relatives live there, and I'm grateful that I get to go there a lot.


Important Object
My I-Pod
I know this is going to sound a little sad, but my i-pod is quite important to me. It is a 8G i-pod touch and I bought it about a year ago. It represents my love for listening to music and just sitting back and relaxing. It's just a great thing to lie down in my bed and jam my earphones in and shut the rest of the world out. Unlike a lot of people, I never had a i-pod/mp3 until last year so this is my first portable music device. So I was quite excited when I finally had enough money to buy one. I use it a lot to listen to all the songs I like and to just surf the internet and relax or just to do something when I'm bored to death. Sometimes I use it too much though, or sometimes if I don't use it for a few days, I get antsy. However, even when the battery dies for good and I can't use it anymore, I will always remember it as my first i-pod, how I saved up a good chunk of money to buy it and what my taste in music was like at this time.


A Hope and Dream of the Future

Get First Place Medal in a Track and Field event
I have been to many, many track meets and sometimes I do good, while other times I do not so good. Some track meets I've managed to get second place, and it is absolutely an thrilling feeling to achieve that. However, I would really like to get first place in a race (or long jump) someday. These shiny silver medals represent that I've got second in many events and it's a reminder that I can still do even better (not that second place is bad at all). By looking at these medals, I'm happy that I've done this well at track which is something that I love doing. But it would be nice to actually win a race someday, and when I'll be able to do that, I'm not sure. I will have to keep practicing and trying to improve, and hopefully soon, I can win a race or a long jump event. It's going to be hard to do though, since the people I compete against are extremely good. However by seeing these medals and knowing that God has good things in store, it reminds me that I've come far, and that if I can get second, I can definitely first someday. 



1 comment:

  1. Nice job Yvette. I really like how colourful your bag is. Keep working hard, you will win a race someday. It's really reassuring that God has good things in store for us. It's also cool that you've got good memeories attached to these intersting objects. Keep up the good work.

    K

    ReplyDelete